Prepare for our visit with the First Session Checklist below!
GET YOUR SUPPLIES READY
- Please have contractor bags on hand: They can be found at hardware stores or on Amazon here
- Save boxes and bags for a few weeks: If we will be doing books or komono, please try to save cardboard boxes and plastic grocery bags for several weeks so we can use them for packing heavier books and fragile items for donation
GET YOURSELF READY
- Eat a nice big meal: We’ll be working hard for 1-5 hours, with short breaks as needed. I’ll be bringing snacks for myself, so no need to worry about me 🙂
- No need to clean up! It’s helpful for me to see your space in its “natural state” so that you can really help me see what’s working and what’s not
- Reduce potential distractions: finding what Sparks Joy® takes a lot of focus. Make sure you have a window of 3-5 hours free from phone calls, interruptions, etc. so you can make the most of your time
- Set aside your unmentionables: If there are any items that are particularly delicate or private, feel free to set them aside in a private place
GET YOUR MIND READY
- Think of the reasons you want to tidy: What do you hope to gain from tidying? Why now? Be honest with yourself and present in the moment. Every item you own should add value and make life easier today.
- Be prepared to share your ideal lifestyle: Envision what a whole day at home will look like once you tidy up and have everything organized. This image includes: your physical environment, how you feel in your home and how you spend your time. Visualize it in detail, after all this is your dream life! We will begin session one with a short discussion about what this looks and feels like.
- Feeling a little extra?: Read about How to Keep and Discard items through the Joy Checking Process.
FOR VIRTUAL SESSIONS
Please see First Virtual Sessions Checklist
- To not overthink it and have fun!
- Nicole is here to support you and your goals!